Birds07

Thursday, February 01, 2007

What's Happening

Well Our group is doing a exit project on birds our question is to see What months birds migrate in nyc .We have decided to change our first quesion a little bit beacuse it would be more of a research based experiment so this project is fieldwork and a little of a research project . So knowing that , each of my group members including me will be having a diffrent type of bird to observe to see what months they migrate. So we will be taking pics , video taping , and making Data tables .

Hypothesis:
I think because of the different drops and change in climate different birds change and take flight to different areas. In New York City I think some birds migrate to hotter areas in the wintertime like geese, and in the spring and summer I think that all the birds that had migrated in the winter migrate back. I think that because in the wintertime in New York it can be bitter and cold, and different cold fronts come during the wintertime. So birds change, food becomes scarce and warmth and shelter is harder to find because the treetops have no leaves and everything including the atmosphere just changes. Then in the spring and summer time I believe that the birds migrate back because the trees become filled with leaves, and because of the wet season there are more bugs and nourishment for birds to eat, shelter and warmth is all around and the atmosphere is able to be dealt with easier.

MATERIALS:
Camera, Video Camera, Blogger, Computer, Research, Paper, Pen,Books, different things.


LINKS:
http://www.nycaudubon.org/home/

http://www.wcs.org/international/northamerica/birdmonitoring

http://www.birding.com/wheretobird/NewYork.asp

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1169/is_1999_Feb-March/ai_53939199

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/birds/index.html?query=MIGRATION&field=des&match=exact

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan R. said...

Hypothesis:
I think because of the different drops and change in climate different birds change and take flight to different areas. In New York City I think some birds migrate to hotter areas in the wintertime like geese, and in the spring and summer I think that all the birds that had migrated in the winter migrate back. I think that because in the wintertime in New York it can be bitter and cold, and different cold fronts come during the wintertime. So birds change, food becomes scarce and warmth and shelter is harder to find because the treetops have no leaves and everything including the atmosphere just changes. Then in the spring and summer time I believe that the birds migrate back because the trees become filled with leaves, and because of the wet season there are more bugs and nourishment for birds to eat, shelter and warmth is all around and the atmosphere is able to be dealt with easier.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Megan R. said...

LINKS:


http://www.nycaudubon.org/home/

http://www.wcs.org/international/northamerica/birdmonitoring

http://www.birding.com/wheretobird/NewYork.asp

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1169/is_1999_Feb-March/ai_53939199

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/birds/index.html?query=MIGRATION&field=des&match=exact

8:27 AM  
Blogger Megan R. said...

MATERIALS:

Camera, Video Camera, Blogger, Computer, Research, Paper, Pen,Books, different things.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Meagan T,Megan Rivera, Morgan Lee said...

My hypothesis is that birds migrate during the months of January - early march. My subtitle queston say that becuse of weather conditions birds can not breed there younge and be able to live .

9:13 AM  
Blogger Ms.K said...

please create a post with an introduction to the project, your hypotheses, materials and procedure.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home